- Dewey: I know I’m a librarian and as a cat lover I should’ve been all over this, but I felt it was too much about the author and not enough about the cat.
- Peace Love and Baby Ducks: (YA) Too slow moving, wasn’t sure what the plotline was going to be. Nothing to grab my attention and keep it. About sister in Atlanta.
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski – at 500 pages, I should’ve taken it on vacation. I have too much going on right now to follow along with the literary novel. I want to read it, and I liked it, so hopefully I’ll pick it back up sometime.
- Anybody Any Minute by Julie Mars – started out slow, but I realized by page 100 I really didn’t care what happened to the narrator or her quirky friends.
- The Year of Living Biblically by AJ Jacobs – interesting at first, bored by page 150.
- Peeled by Joan Bauer – (YA) couldn’t get into the characters. Writing seemed choppy, but the narrator was supposed to be a journalist.